A Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Host/Hostess also greet Guests upon arrival, inform Guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list.
A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host cares for our Guests by refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning menus, glass windows and mirrors, stocked and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, the Host/Hostess may also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. Availability must include nights and weekends.
· Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
· Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
· Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
· Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
· Tend to special Guest needs and requests
· Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
· Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Ask us anything. We will be back with you shortly.